TERMS AND CONDITIONS
MoneyBack Guarantee is constituted and operates by the Terms, Conditions and Exclusions set forth below, which are applicable in all the sections of the present. Non conformity means that we may not cover claims partially or entirely.
I. The following words or phrases have the meaning shown below wherever they appear in bold in this document.
Illness – A sudden incident for which treatment is essential in order to maintain life and/or to provide alleviation from the pain, suffering or lesions.
Accidental Injury – Bodily injury that is caused exclusively from violent, accidental and by external and visible means and constitutes the exclusive cause of death or permanent total or partial disability.
You /Your/ Yourself – means the ticket holder who has also purchased the protection for Cancellation Protection along with his/her ticket from us.
Doctor – A qualified medical practitioner registered with a recognized professional body. A doctor cannot be yourself or a member of your immediate family.
Immediate family – Your husband, wife, registered partner (if the legislation of your host country or State treats registered partnerships as equivalent to marriage), brother or sister, parent or parent-in-law, your (or your spouse’s) children.
Normal Pregnancy – Symptoms which normally accompany pregnancy (including multiple pregnancy) and which are generally of a minor and/or temporary nature (e.g. morning sickness, fatigue etc.) which do not represent a medical hazard to mother or baby.
Pre-existing medical condition – Any disease, illness or injury (whether diagnosed or not) at the date of booking.
Ticket – An authorized ticket that was purchased from us.
We / us / our – the travel agency operating the website www.tripsta.sg whose identification data appears at the General Terms and Conditions.
Incident – the sudden illness or accidental injury (as defined above) caused to you or a member of your immediate family.
Claim: Any sudden, accidental, unforeseen act that is not intended by you and/or your immediate family and whose damaging consequences are covered by MoneyBack Guarantee policy and which may entitle you or your immediate family (depending on the case) to the refund of your ticket.
II. General Conditions
a) You must:
i) not be aware of any material fact, matter or circumstance, at the time MoneyBack Guarantee is purchased, which may give rise to a claim.
ii) take all reasonable precautions to prevent or reduce any claim.
b) Unless we agree otherwise:
i) the language of the documents and all communications relating to it will be English;
ii) all cases, which may arise regarding the MoneyBack Guarantee and the repayment in accordance with these terms and conditions, including negotiation and performance, shall be governed by Greek law, and you and we agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Greece.
III. Duration of MoneyBack Guarantee
MoneyBack Guarantee only applies to the flight that such cover has been purchased for and is in effect from the time the purchase is made (and the corresponding fee has been paid) and expires upon completion of check-in at the first point of departure.
IV. When is MoneyBack Guarantee valid
a) MoneyBack Guarantee is only valid when the fee for the service has been paid and your booking has been ticketed.
b) MoneyBack Guarantee applies if a valid medical certificate can be produced for the relevant travel date, and when an immediate family relationship is documented.
V. What we will refund
a) MoneyBack Guarantee gives you the right to a refund of the ticket you have paid for, but not used, in the event of acute and serious illness, sudden accidental injury or sudden death occurring to you or a member of your immediate family, which prevents or makes it unreasonable for you to carry out your trip.
b) We will refund the cost of your ticket if you are unable to carry out your trip due to the circumstances outlined below:
- Sudden illness or accidental injury, confirmed by a hospital doctor, occurring to you or a member of your immediate family, during the period between your ticket purchase date and travel date that requires inpatient hospitalization, provided that the period of hospitalization or post-hospitalization recovery period (as prescribed by the hospital doctor) exceeds the travel date.
The above service is offered: (i) in the case of accidental injury for all ages, and (ii) in the case of sudden illness only if you or your immediate family member is under the age of 70 years old.
Cancellation as a result of serious complications due to pregnancy, which occur before the 36th week of a pregnancy, is covered.
- Death occurring to you or a member of your immediate family due to a sudden illness or injury/accident with immediate effect on the scheduled flights.
c) If there is more than one cause for the claim, the first of the causes that are produced and justified shall be used as the cause.
d) MoneyBack Guarantee covers only the purchase price of the ticket including the service fee, luggage and seat charges.
e) MoneyBack Guarantee does not cover supplementary purchases, such as hotels, car rental, etc
VI. What we will not refund
We will not provide a refund where:
- an illness or death is the result of a deterioration of a pre-existing medical condition and/or chronic illness which could be expected to occur within the period of cover for MoneyBack Guarantee;
- an illness or the death is caused by surgery, a change of treatment or medication for a pre-existing medical condition;
- an examination, treatment and/or admittance to hospital was planned prior to the flight being booked;
- the symptoms that accompany a normal pregnancy which are of a minor and/or temporary nature (such as morning sickness and fatigue) which do not represent a medical hazard to mother or baby, including a combination of minor symptoms, are the sole reason you are prevented from travelling;
- your flight is cancelled, abandoned, postponed, curtailed or relocated;
you decide not to carry out your trip or you are prevented from travelling other than for a reason included within the present Terms for MoneyBack Guarantee;
- when making a claim and applying for a refund, you cannot provide documents that certify the reason for the cancellation, such as a doctor's report for illness and/or accidental injury etc;
you are unable to attend the trip due to:
- any consequence of war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolutions, insurrection, military or usurped power, riot, civil commotion, strikes, lockout, terrorism, malicious intent or vandalism, confiscation or nationalization of or requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority;
- any natural disaster (such as some of the following natural phenomena: earthquakes and seaquakes, extraordinary flooding (including the sea’s battering), volcanic eruptions, atypical cyclonic storms (including extraordinary winds with speeds of more than 135 km/h), tornados, fires and storms with meteorological phenomena characterized by significant alterations of the atmosphere, bolts of electricity, thunder, lightning, wind and intense rain, snow or hail);
- an outbreak of a contagious disease and the Government or any agency acting on behalf of the Government has imposed a ban on travel;
- any epidemic of diseases such as but not limited to SARS, Avian Flu, Tuberculosis, Hemorrhagic Fevers (including Ebola and Marburg), Meningitis, Measles, Mumps or Rubella;
- the event there is an influenza pandemic and the World Health Organization has raised the threat level to “Phase 5”;
- you make a false or fraudulent claim and/or support a refund application by false or fraudulent document, device or statement;
the cause of claim is:
- any act intentionally perpetrated by you and/or your immediate family, such as an act of wrongful misconduct, self-injury or suicide, reckless imprudence, serious negligence or act of crime;
- any accident that is produced while you are under the influence of alcoholic beverages, drugs, narcotics, psychotropic drugs, stimulants or any other substances that are analogous thereto.
We will not pay:
- the fee charged to you for the purchase of the MoneyBack Guarantee; once the protection is purchased, the fee related to it is non-refundable;
- for travelling or associated expenses (unless travel costs are included as part of the total purchase price of the ticket), or any loss other than the purchase price (including service fee), of the ticket;
- any costs you incur in submitting or providing evidence to support your refund application.
VII. Claim and Refund procedure
a) You must notify us that a claim has occurred, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, attaching the documents that evidence the cause for the trip to be cancelled and the relevant documentation related thereto or contact us by telephone, in order to receive instruction for the refund procedure, in a maximum period of thirty (30) days after the travel date.
b) If there is more than one cause for the claim, the first of the causes that is produced and justified by the documents provided shall be used as the cause.
VIII. Documents to be provided in the case of claim
a) It is a necessary and essential requirement for you to be entitled to the refund to provide us documents that evidence the cause for the trip to be cancelled and the relevant documentation related thereto.
b) Depending on the nature of your claim, you have to provide at your own expense the following:
- Documents that evidence the incident/cause of claim, such as hospital admission form, death certificate, or a confirmation from the patient's treating hospital doctor, stating the date that the event occurred, the cause, the exact diagnosis, relative medical history, prescribed treatment and the fact that this medical condition did not allow the patient or the patient's relatives to travel on the arranged date. These document should include the date that the event occurred, the cause, the diagnosis, the prior records or antecedents and the treatment prescribed.
- Any reasonable additional evidence that we ask for.
c) If the cancellation is due to an incident suffered by an immediate family member, a document that evidences the relationship between you and said family member must be presented (a certificate of birth/family affiliation for each of the parties involved).
d) All documents must be received no later than thirty (30) days as from the time the claim was notified to us.
a) Refund shall be made within thirty (30) days of receipt of full and satisfactory proof of our obligation for repayment in accordance with these terms and conditions and from the time when it is possible to determine the amount of repayment.
b) A refund will be made to the credit card number that was used for the purchase of the MoneyBack Guarantee. If the MoneyBack Guarantee has been purchased by other means of payment, you will be instructed to provide us with valid bank account details.
X. Cancel your purchase
You are entitled to cancel the MoneyBack Guarantee, within 14 days from the date of purchase, provided that your check-in date must be at least 14 days away. In case of cancellation the refund process usually takes up to 15 working days following the cancellation date. Due to bank procedures, though, any corresponding amount may take 7-10 extra days before appearing on your bank statement.