Frequently asked questions
- How can I make a flight booking?
- I’ve chosen a flight, but the fare is no longer available for booking. What should I do?
- How far in advance do I need to book an airline ticket?
- How can I be sure that my booking was successful?
- I made a booking but I didn't receive the confirmation email. What should I do?
- I received the confirmation email but there are errors. What should I do?
- Can I book a flight over the phone or via email?
- Can I make a group booking?
- Do children and infants receive their own tickets?
- Why aren't my passport details required?
Payment and charges
- How can I pay for a flight booking?
- Is it safe to fill in my credit card details? How safe is the tripsta website?
- There is a charge on my credit card but I haven’t received a confirmation email. Is my booking successful?
- Can I book a ticket for unaccompanied children?
- What should people with disabilities and/or reduced mobility do in order to travel safely and with assistance?
- I want to have a specific meal on board (e.g. vegetarian meal). What do I have to do?
- I would like to take my pet with me. What should I do?
Changes and Cancellations
- Can I change my booking?
- Is there a change fee?
- Can I change the passenger’s name?
- Can I cancel my booking?
- Is there a cancellation fee?
- When will I receive my refund?
Check-in and Boarding
- What documents do I need, apart from my e-ticket, in order to travel?
- Do children need any travel documents?
- How & when can I check in?
- What are the limits and dimensions for luggage?
- What am I not allowed to carry in my luggage?
- Can I take my laptop on board with me?
- Can I carry electronic equipment on board with me?
- I would like to take special equipment with me, e.g. ski equipment. What should I do?
Frequent Flyer Program
Booking Procedure Back to top
How can I make a flight booking?
Enter the details of your trip in our flight search engine (destination, date, and number of passengers) and every available flight combination will be displayed, beginning with the most economical fare. Once you have selected your desired flight, you will be prompted to follow a few simple steps requesting personal information and billing details to complete your booking.
I’ve chosen a flight, but the fare is no longer available for booking. What should I do?
This situation occurs when:
a) The last available seat of the actual flight or fare you have chosen was sold while you were in the process of making the booking. There is no guarantee that the flight you chose is still available until you receive the message that you have completed your booking
b) Seats which are no longer available are still displayed on the seat-reservation system due to insufficient time for the system to reload.
Situations like this rarely happen. However, in case it happens to you when using our website, please contact our passenger service.
How far in advance do I need to book an airline ticket?
Flight bookings can be created on the same day of travel. However, the exact time period before the departure time will depend on the departure destination and local time there.
How can I be sure that my booking was successful?
A page will be displayed that says “Thank you for booking with us," to confirm your booking was successful.
You will also receive an automatic confirmation email that will include your booking number and additional reservation details.
I made a booking but I didn't receive the confirmation email. What should I do?
If you have not received your confirmation email, it might be due to a misspelling of the registered email address during the booking process. Alternatively, depending on your email provider’s settings, it could have mistakenly been sent to your junk or spam folder and we suggest you check there. If you do not find it, kindly contact our passenger service center.
I received the confirmation email but there are errors. What should I do?
If you find errors in your confirmation email, contact our passenger service center as soon as possible. Amendments, however, are not always possible or might have an extra cost.
Can I book a flight over the phone or via email?
Yes, you can. For phone or email bookings, please contact us.
Can I make a group booking?
You can book online for up to 9 passengers. For groups of more than 9 passengers, please send your request by email to our passenger service center.
Do children and infants receive their own tickets?
Yes, but tickets for children and infants are issued only when accompanied by an adult and vary between airlines. The price for children (2-11 years old) is lower, normally consisting of a cheaper fare and the amount of taxes. The price for infants (0-2 years old) is normally only the cost of taxes.
Why aren't my passport details required?
Passport details are not always required by airlines and for all destinations. If passport details are necessary, you will be asked to enter them during the booking process or you will be contacted by email to provide them.
Payment and charges Back to top
How can I pay for a flight booking?
Bookings completed online only accept debit or credit cards as payment options. Acceptable cards are Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club and Euroline. You may incur additional fees for credit card payments, which will be shown in the final price before completion of the booking.
Is it safe to fill in my credit card details? How safe is the tripsta website?
Your credit card information is sent to us via a secure server. We use the most up-to-date and safest technology available that encrypts your personal data and credit card details. The encryption method used is the standard technology “Secure Socket Layer” (SSL). For extra safety, we use a firewall which protects our server and systems from unauthorized access.
There is a charge on my credit card but I haven’t received a confirmation email. Is my booking successful?
No, the tickets you tried to book have not been confirmed due to a temporary technical issue that took place in the airline(s) system during the booking procedure. This resulted in a failed booking, while a pre-authorisation of the corresponding amount had already taken place.
Special Requests Back to top
Can I book a ticket for unaccompanied children?
Children under the age of 5 years must be accompanied by a passenger (usually required to be older than 15 years), to travel. Tickets can only be issued for unaccompanied children via phone. Every airline follows a different policy regarding unaccompanied children. We highly recommend that you contact the airline before booking the flight. Many airlines provide an escort service for children, but the cost and requirements of such service are regulated by each airline. To ensure the safety of children (2 to 11 years) travelling alone, please contact our passenger service center.
What should people with disabilities and/or reduced mobility do in order to travel safely and with assistance?
Disabled passengers and passengers with reduced mobility are obliged to inform the airline or tripsta about the necessity and nature of assistance at least 48 hours before the departure time.
The aid of an assistance dog is also approved when requested, provided that the notification has been made in accordance with applicable national rules on assistance dogs’ transport, if they exist.
Passengers requiring assistance must arrive at the airport 2 hours prior to their departure time and proceed directly to the designated points for disabled passengers and passengers with reduced mobility (as indicated at check-in).
I want to have a specific meal on board (e.g. vegetarian meal). What do I have to do?
Please contact our passenger service center using our online contact form to add a specific meal to your booking.
I would like to take my pet with me. What should I do?
Regulations and procedures for transporting pets in the cabin and luggage storage areas of the aircraft vary depending on the airline and destination. For more information, we recommend you contact either the airline operating your flight or us, before proceeding with a booking. If you have already made a booking please contact our passenger service center using our online contact form.
Changes and Cancellations Back to top
Can I change my booking?
Changes depend on the ticket type and change policy of each airline. Please contact our passenger service center for any change enquiries or requests.
Is there a change fee?
Change fees depend on the ticket type and policy of each airline. However, there are many tickets that cannot be changed, especially those offered by low cost airlines. For tickets that can be changed, the extra cost will consist of a penalty from the airline and any difference in fare and taxes between the new and old ticket. Tripsta might also charge a change fee depending on the service package selected in the original booking.
Can I change the passenger’s name?
Name changes are rarely permitted, depending on the fare rules. We advise you to pay close attention when entering this information, as the name (first name/surname) has to be entered in Latin characters and exactly as written in the passport or identification card. Even if the name is incorrectly entered, the system will proceed and issue the e-ticket automatically.
Can I cancel my booking?
Please contact our passenger service center for any cancellation enquiries or requests. Although airlines can cancel your booking, the refund procedure must be processed by us.
Is there a cancellation fee?
Cancellation fees depend on the ticket type and cancellation policy of each airline. However, there are many tickets that cannot be cancelled, especially those offered by low cost airlines. Tripsta might also charge a cancellation fee depending on the service package selected.
When will I receive my refund?
In the case of cancellation, eligible refunds to the passenger are processed once the airline has proceeded with the refund to tripsta. The refund process usually takes up to 15 working days following the cancellation date. Due to bank procedures, it may take up to 7-10 additional days before appearing on your bank statement.
Check-in and Boarding Back to top
What documents do I need, apart from my e-ticket, in order to travel?
Each passenger is required to present official documents, such as a passport or identity card. Some travellers are obligated to have a visa/transit visa or ESTA depending on the trip origin and destination. Passengers can learn which travel documents are required by contacting the country’s Embassy. Furthermore, some destinations require travellers’ passports’ to have a minimum 6 months validity. It is the passenger's responsibility to have the necessary documents for travelling.
Do children need any travel documents?
Yes. Just like adults, children need to have a valid passport and visa when travelling, considering the destination country.
How & when can I check in?
You can check-in online (usually 24 hours before departure) through the airlines website using the information received in the e-ticket or directly at the airport (2 hours before departure).
Baggage Back to top
What are the limits and dimensions for luggage?
Hand luggage: According to most airlines, one piece of hand luggage is permitted on board the aeroplane, however the allowable weight varies between airlines. The provisions set by the European Union, state that the dimensions of hand luggage should not exceed 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (including handles, exterior cases, wheels).
Checked luggage: Usually one piece of luggage, up to 23 kg, is allowed per passenger. Passengers should be aware that weight limits and dimensions for luggage/hand-luggage vary and depend on the fare rules. Most airlines will charge an additional fee for baggage that exceeds their weight limit. Passengers should contact the airline directly for precise luggage restrictions.
What am I not allowed to carry in my luggage?
Passengers should not carry in their luggage the following:
• Compressed gases: deep freeze, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous
• Corrosive acids, alkalis, mercury and lead batteries
• Explosives: ammunition, fireworks, flares, pistols, caps and all types of firearms
• Flammable liquids and solids: lighter fluids, matches, paints, colour solvents and lighters
• Radioactive materials
• Bags and briefcases with incorporated alarm devices
• Poisonous and infectious substances
• Other hazardous materials: magnetic materials, materials that cause discomfort or irritation
• Liquids in hand luggage that exceeds the allowed amount
- This does not apply to checked luggage and to liquids in appropriate containers with the maximum capacity of 100 milliliters (ml). The containers must be placed in plastic, transparent or re-sealable bags with a maximum capacity of 1 liter per passenger. Fluids are defined as water, drinks, soups, syrups, ointments, lotions, oils, perfume sprays, gels of all categories, liquids conditioned under pressure such as shaving foam, deodorants, lotions including toothpaste, liquid-solid mixtures and other items of similar consistency.
• As exceptions, the following items can be transported in hand luggage:
- Medicines, dietary foods and baby food considered necessary during the flight (passenger may be asked to prove their necessity).
- Liquids such as drinks and perfumes that passengers have bought on the plane or at an airport outlet located after the security check points. (These items are sold in specially sealed bags, which passengers should not open before passing airport luggage and security controls).
• Under USA legislation, the possession or transfer of all types of lighters is prohibited in checked luggage and hand luggage for inbound flights to the USA.
Please be aware that the above list is indicative. For more information, please contact the airport or the operating airline.
Can I take my laptop on board with me?
Passengers can take their laptop on board. However, laptops must be removed from hand luggage and checked separately during the airport security control process.
Can I carry electronic equipment on board with me?
Passengers can carry small electronic devices (e.g., small TVs, radios, etc.) on the aircraft, but they must be properly checked by airport security control. We advise you to contact the airline you are flying with for more information.
I would like to take special equipment with me, e.g. ski equipment. What should I do?
Special equipment is not included in the allowable free weight offered by the airline. The airline will charge passengers extra to travel with special equipment. The charge will depend on the type of special equipment, weight and dimensions. If you want to travel with special equipment, please contact our passenger service center, but note that any extra cost will be paid directly at the airport.
Frequent Flyer Program Back to top
I am enrolled in a frequent flyer program and I want to make a flight booking with tripsta. Will I lose my benefits?
No. You will receive your miles for flying with the airline. You can enter your frequent flyer account number by checking the box in the Passenger Details section in step three of the booking process. If you have already made a booking, please contact our passenger service center to add your frequent flyer information.
I am enrolled in a frequent flyer program for a different airline, other than the one I am flying with. Can I still use it?
Frequent Flyer Programs can be used for airlines that belong to the same airline network (e.g. Turkish Airlines and United Airlines belong to the Star Alliance network and their Frequent Flyer Programs can be used interchangeably).